Friday, May 15, 2009

Shelter Cove...family style

Family of FIVE to be exact.  
The trip to Shelter Cove took a little longer than normal with a newborn, but it was so good to spend the weekend together relaxing before Josh headed back to work and we entered real life again.  We started out at the beach.  The weather was absolutely perfect.



Laney was a little afraid of the loud waves...
Alex lended her a hand, or body. :)



Daddy helped Laney fight those fears by throwing rocks at the naughty waves.
She showed them.  They washed right away back into the ocean every time she threw a rock at them.  She thought that was pretty cool.  But, they kept coming back.

"Bye Bye Waves!"



Thanks Daddy, mwaaah!




Kadie and Laney found their own little wading pool filled with hermit crabs and more rocks!



This picture is to prove that we found a swimming suit to fit Laney's bum.  No wedgie!





Big Josh, Nick and Laney crab hunting.


What the ...!?!...
Is that me (Leisa)?  I am exsistent?  Whew...I was getting worried.  It has been a rare occasion for me to be spotted on the blog, but that may change.  
Josh loves the new lense he got me for our anniversary almost as much as me!



Okay...don't push it Leisa.



I want you Josh...to stop taking weird pictures of me. :)


That's better. 


We watched little planes fly in and out all day.




I don't know who looks more amazing in the picture.  Me or Alex?  You decide.



Look how cute.  Daddy and his baby Crew, sitting in the shade.



Kadie the rock climber, even in a swimming suit.


Little did we know that a perfect afternoon at the beach would turn into tragedy!
Look at what happened to poor Kadie's back.



We kept Crew under an umbrella the ENTIRE time, and after we got home, we realized he looked like a large tomato because he had been roasting for three hours in the shade.  I guess it is a good idea to get a UV protected umbrella.  Poor baby!
Laney didn't get sun burned.



It was a fun filled weekend, with fun filled people and great weather and we can't wait to get back.  Thanks Grammy/Mama and Papa G!



4 comments:

J-me Boyce said...

Super cute post. I love all your captions. I am just loving your pictures lately.
We are SO into oils from Young Living and I wish I could have gotten you some lavender for those burns. Are they better cause I can send you some!

M.M.M. said...

To answer your question: You. Definitely.

Sunburns. Ouch! Really...ouch! You are a horrible mother. You act like your kids are cramping your style.
Okay hopefully you get that.

Leisa Waldron said...

Leave me alone Melissa...you daughter doesn't have long eyelashes!!! :)

Kylie said...

Aww poor Kadie and Crew! Sky got a sunburn a couple of months ago and I felt like a jerk. Now I'm the sunblock nazi.

I love all these pictures. The girls' bathing suits are adorable and wedgie free, and you look super-fab-hot-mama-fly, sista!