Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Open House

Kadie had her school's open house last Thursday night.  Josh was picking his parents up at the airport so it was me flying solo with the three kids.  But we all made it to the school safe and with no major obstacles!  It was so much fun to see all of her progress throughout the year, and the things that she was excited to show Laney and I.  

Her favorite thing to show us were the tadpoles turning into frogs that she has been excited about for the last month!

"This is a Froglet mom...a frog-let, because it isn't a whole frog yet."

Look below and tell me if you can tell which of the six drawings on the wall is a self portrait of our very own Kadie.  

If you picked this drawing you win a brand new...???

Laney helped show off Kadie's things in the classroom.  

Kadie also became an author this year!  She wrote her own book of stories that her teacher compiled and bound together to keep as a treasure for years to come.  Her bio is as follows:

My name is Kadie Waldron.  I am 6 years old.  I have blue eyes, white skin and blond hair.  I live with my mom, dad, sister and baby brother.  My favorite color is purple.  My favorite food is pizza.

In Writer's Workshop I learned how to write a lot and use periods.  When I started as an author I couldn't write words but now I can write lots of words.  My advice to new authors is to use periods and stretch out words.



We of course, even found time to make some silly faces. :)


Kadie's teacher, Mrs. Young, is one of the most amazing teachers I have ever met.  She is a mother, and I think that is why she has such a wonderful relationship with each and every child.  I feel like she got to know Kadie so well this year, and I am so thankful that Kadie could have a teacher that loves her.  We will miss Mrs. Young and Kadie's Kindergarten class.  
It has been a great first year of school, I can hardly believe it is almost over!



1 comment:

Kylie said...

Aww, Kadie is great! She told me all about the froglets this weekend. She described them perfectly, I must say.

I love how she is an "author." What with all those stretched words and periods.