Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Extra Clean Laundry

Laney loves to help me with the laundry, and I occasionally lift her up to pour the soap in.

Usually I just let her help me throw the dirty clothes in, and sometimes I find extra blankets/shirts/toys when I change it into the dryer.

Yesterday Crew wore a new outfit that someone gave us as a late baby gift. The cutest outfit, one of my favorites! Orange and Blue plaid shorts and an adorable tiny polo shirt. He looked like a miniature teenage boy that smiles and coo's at his mama all day. I guess if it really were a teen that might be creepy but that isn't important.

What IS important is that Laney opened up the bleach (despite the tricky twisting that is supposed to keep toddlers out of such things) and poured the entire bottle into the washing machine that was full of two towels, one Winnie the pooh bear, and Crew's new outfit.

I threw Laney in the bathtub to rinse any bleach that was on her little arms and tummy, and I tried to salvage the outfit and just bleach the whole thing out. One of the towels (from our wedding 8 years ago) was not damaged in the entire process, and my fingers are blistered and red.

The favorite outfit just isn't as cute any more. :(

3 comments:

M.M.M. said...

Look on the bright side! At least an 8 year old towel survived unscathed! A towel my friend, is not replaceable. Especially an old one.

Seriously though, I hate it when stuff happens like that. It puts me in a very poor mood.

Anonymous said...

Well at least the laundry was santized! :)

Alicia said...

I think I would have lost it. I don't know how I am going to survive Claira when she is Laney's age. I find myself saying the words "naughty" and "no-no" more than anything these days. I don't want to even imagine that she can get into more mischief. Good thing Laney's cute because it would be harder to handle if she was an ugly kid ;) Right?