Monday, October 13, 2008

Pacific Grove


There is nothing like a fun-filled weekend with family and friends. October has been so busy with Josh's trips to Chicago, and my art shows happening that this was a much needed trip for all of us. :) Our fantastic friends the MacDonald's took us to Pacific Grove - Monterey for the weekend. It was packed full of fun times, but we still were able to relax a little too! How did that happen so well?


We started off the weekend with a brisk morning stroll to the beach. I love that Laney has a rock in one hand and a stick in the other...proof that she is our tom-girl. :)


Loralee and Troy took us to the Dennis the Menace park. Coolest park EVER! Tons to do and see. Trains, swings, bridges, slides, birds. Even the adults had fun, and everyone was worn out at the end. It was like a free Disneyland!

Ice cream from Ghiradelli was the perfect ending to the day.




This is definitely my favorite picture of the whole weekend. These four kids played together so well it was scary. Kadie and the boys are like the three musketeers.



Typical family picture. We hiked Point Lobos which was so beautiful and fun, but Laney was worn out at the end. I love it, Josh and Kadie with their confused smiles, while I try to coax Laney from screaming to get down. :)
Laney by - I am guessing the Whale Fin Bone? At a small Whalers village right at the base of the hike. They have a small cabin with artifacts and interesting stories to learn about the whalers from long ago.




I love sail boats. I have only been sailing two times, but someday I would love to have a boat of our own. So I took a picture of the marina. I am realizing now that I should have taken a picture of the AMAZING fish and chips and buffalo wings that I ate because that sounds so good to me right now, and a picture is better than nothing. Oh well.




Thank you Loralee and Troy for showing us a great time. We loved every minute!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh Leisa it looks like you had a well deserved vacation. I am glad that you guys had a good time! Hopefully you are getting back into the swing of things this week. Call me if you need a break. I'm serious!

M.M.M. said...

Man I wish I was there! With you! Laughing!

Mandi said...

oh i love that place! the ocean restores the soul... doesn't it! your pics look awesome and so much fun. seems like i haven't seen you in FOREVER!

AnnieB said...

Looks like so much fun! Isn't that a great place!? And you captured it so well. I love all your great pictures and your families are so adorable!!

Amy said...

That makes me so homesick for Monterey! Scott and I were just talking about it last night! But i never went to the whale place, maybe on our next trip out there...you'll have to meet us!