This is a look of a very excited child!Kadie had her Kindergarten field trip to the pumpkin patch today. It was so much fun to go along as a driver and watch her with her friends and classmates. They are a bunch of really great kids, and they obey their teacher so well.
The other two classes started off on the tour first, and our class was left to play in the "hay maze" and on the hay stacks until our turn. I think that the pumpkin patch employees really thought that the maze would take a bunch of kindergartner's 20 minutes. Too bad, they basically ran through the whole thing in about 10.2 seconds! But they made a fun recess out of the hay stacks anyway.
All of the kids got to learn about plants and how they grow and then plant their own Cauliflower plant too! We will have to plant ours up at Grammy's because supposedly the plant will get as big as a laundry basket, and we don't have a pot large enough in our Condo. :) Next, the bee lady told us about the birds and the bee's! Just kidding,
She taught the kids about honey, and honey comb, and baby bee's and all of the compartments of a beehive. We all got a chance to try out being a bee for a few minutes.

The best part of the whole day? Picking out our pumpkins!!!I thought that they kids were going to come home with one of those tomato-sized pumpkins, but no! Each of the 50 kids on the field trip was able to pick any pumpkin that they wanted! No matter how big or small! Kadie said hers was "just right".


5 comments:
Leisa! I'm so excited that you found my blog. It's been FOREVER. First of all, I cannot believe that that you have a kindergartener! That's so crazy. She is so cute and your little Laney is just beautiful (love the name, by the way. Maybe I'll name my next one "Fresh"! haha... j/k... not nearly as cute as Laney.). Anyway, we'll have to keep in touch. Glad to see that things are going so well for you.
love, sherry
What a fun field trip. I never did anything like that when I was in school. How fun! I asked Chelsey if she wanted to carve pumpkins and she said, "No." So that is a no on Halloween Spirit. Oh Well!
your little bee picture is SOO cute! This looks like such a fun day, a bunch of little kids in bright yellow shirts running around picking pumpkins. what could be better?
Cute! Look at Kadie with all her little friends! Sounds like a fun trip--I don't think I ever got to go to a pumpkin patch as a kid. I also never got to go to a farm. Just the dinosaur museum. And the San Luis Obisbo mission in 5th grade. And Catalina Island in 6th grade. But definitely not pumpkin patch.
Kadie's pumpkin really is just right. Great choice, Bean!
I heart pumpkins!
Post a Comment