Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Liscence and Registration Please...


We just go back from our annual Utah trip, which we might not be able to take annually if gas keeps getting higher, sheesh!

So as we left, Josh wanted someone to say a prayer, and so Kadie volunteered to pray we would drive safe and all. Josh told her to "pray I don't get a speeding ticket". Kadie said a sweet little prayer, but forgot the ticket part, so he asked me to pray again. Needless to say, my prayer didn't work. Or Josh forgot to try not to speed.

As I was Reading, Josh slowly pulls over on the freeway
Leisa "why are you stopping?"
Josh "I just got pulled over."
Leisa "What!"

Here comes the human version of Yogi Bear, hat and all. I must mention his huge smile too.
I really should have taken a picture of him.

Policeman " You on a long trip today?"
Josh and Leisa in unison "Yep, going to Utah"
Policeman " Oh, man. I just got back from Vegas last night, it was a long drive so I know how that is. Soooo, I clocked you going 81 in a 55 zone, and it is a construction zone which is double the fine."
Josh "Really? I apologize."
Policeman "Can I see your license and registration Sir?"
Leisa "Where is the registration Josh" as I fumble through the glove compartment.
I found it and handed it over. We were both just thinking "crap" when he walked away.

Then Kadie decides to take off her seat belt while we are parked on the side of the freeway so she can get a closer look at the officer.
Josh "Kadie! What are you doing?" And, he buckled her back up before I could blink.

I swear when my blink was over the officer was standing at my window, smiling at us again.

Officer " So I am just going to write you 10 over and wave the construction zone. I will be right back. Also, is it okay if I bring your girls some stickers?"

We both laughed and said sure. I was thinking "Oh sure, we'll pay $110.00 for a couple of stickers. Great."

He actually was the nicest cop either of us have met, so thank you Reno Officer. We were glad it was Nevada...since Josh got tickets in CA, and Wyoming last summer. I guess 10 over doesn't go to your insurance from Nevada either...so that is good.

Here is Kadie with her badge.

More pictures and stories from our Utah trip to follow!

1 comment:

Kylie said...

HAHAHA! Oh man, how did you not tell me about this? This is great. I love that he asked for permission to give stickers to Kadie and Laney. What a cute cop. Thanks, Nevada!