Friday, June 27, 2008

Bleeding Love

I know that this is cheesy. I am posting about a choreographed dance from a reality TV show. So What? I just love So You think You Can Dance. It makes me feel like I was supposed to be a dancer...in another life.

The dance by Chelsie and Mark really was my favorite, not just because they danced it well, or because I love the song. But it really moved me. I felt like it was a dance describing our life for the last 5 years. The struggle between work and family, or work and love. I loved everything about the whole dance, but I could totally see myself in her when she threw her "tantrum" while he was walking around her. I remember so many times throwing my own tantrum when things were really busy. Finally we are at a stage where things are so much better, and WAY more flexible.

So Josh, yes this is probably embarrassing to you, but I am dedicating this dance to you because you have worked so hard, and come so far. I am more proud of you than I have ever been. Thank you for making me and our family first when I know it is hard to do it.

6 comments:

Mom of Four said...

I liked that dance too! And as you know, I totally understand where you're coming from. :)

Mandi said...

Okay, don't even think I didn't just watch like every youtube clip available on so you think you can dance. Why did I get rid of my cable again!!?? I agree, they were amazing. I love your insight and application to your life. Seriously rings true!

Laura & Paul said...

I missed the show the other night because we are out of town. I watched it on you tube, it was amazing. I love it when dance makes me feel like getting up and moving and you can feel the music in your gut. I can't wait to watch the rest when we get home. Thank goodness for TIVO!

Kylie said...

Awww! I liked that dance, too, and I can totally see you and Josh dancing it. I propose you learn it and perform it this weekend at our family outing!

AnnieB said...

I LOVED that dance! LOVED it! It got me in the gut and the heart and the head and every limb! It was SO good! SYTYCD rocks! Love the application! Love you!
Miss you!
It's been a while! Too long...

Brent and AmberLee's Family said...

Wow, did they pull it off. I loved it too--it's definitely going on my list of all time favorites from the show. I've noticed my favorites are mostly the dances about mature relationships (that somehow these young little dancers portray). Isn't it crazy all the things about marriage you don't quite expect beforehand?