Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Discovery Kingdom

This will definitely keep us busy this summer. We bought season passes to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. Josh took the whole week off last week, so we went! Twice!

First Day Trip:

We stopped at McD's on the way, and this little baby bird landed on our window right in front of me. That never happens right? Weird.

The cool thing about Discovery Kingdom that many of you may not know is that it is Sea World + Zoo + Theme park all in one. The only thing it is missing is the Disney Princess stuff. So we went and saw tigers, lions, dolphins, whales, sharks, birds. The girls couldn't get enough!

There were even a lot of little rides that Kadie and Laney were able to go on together. (What you can't see is that I am in the back seat with my knees up to my chest).


I think that this picture sums up how much it wore the girls out. :)

Second Day Trip:


The second day we went, we took my brothers. So to give Josh a chance to test his manly fear factor abilities on some coaster rides, I took the girls to see the Shouka show (killer whale). I think Laney was more interested in making sure that she drank ALL that there was to drink.

I couldn't figure it out. Every other two year old at the park was terrified of these huge stuffed animals walking all over the place. Laney wanted to hug each and every one of them AND get her picture with them.






Shnick and Snosh with the girlies...I don't know why we call then that? Anyone, anyone?


No this is not inside the Shark Attack tunnel, this is actually in the Butterfly garden, and yes...Laney was terrified of all of the "fuh-fwies" flying around.

Kadie, Daddy Josh, and Nick & Josh went on the water rapids ride...so I took Laney to the playground. She was upset that I even attempted to make her get ON to the water rapids ride (hey she was tall enough!). So it took her a little while to warm up to the idea of getting wet, even if it was somewhere less questionable and with other children all soaked from head to foot.

She warmed right up, and even made a performance out of it!

6 comments:

J-me Boyce said...

Wow~ That looks like such a fun place - I have never even heard of it! Lots of cute pictures, I love that last one of Laney in the water.

Anonymous said...

How fun! So, my favorite pic is of Laney in the water with her leg up. I think that sums her up! She has gotten so big. She looking more like a little girl! Boo! And so, is Kadie. :( Which means I think you guys need to have another kid....???

Mom of Four said...

Fun stuff! We have been there this year and have seriously considered getting a season pass. Sounds like you're enjoying yours!

Kylie said...

Cute pictures! Kadie is such a good older sister, forcing Laney to smile in pictures. She reminds me of someone I know, only nicer to her sweet little innocent sister. :)

That looks like so much fun! I want to go to Discovery Kingdom!

Whit said...

The picture of your two gals together watching the whale is really cute and "pure". Very cute.

Kylie said...

What I love most about these pictures is the lack of eyebrows. I feel very at-home around my nieces!