Friday, June 6, 2008

9 reasons not to do yoga

At our climbing night, my poor sister Kylie didn't get to show us her skills with a bun in the oven and all. So, as us Laney girls often do...we found something in the gym we could make fun of. This amazing poster of yoga positions had us laughing so hard...I just had to share these with everyone.
There were so many ridiculous pictures, but these were definitely the top 9 reasons not to do yoga. I was going to do 5, but these are so funny. ( I do not take responsibility for making fun of people who do yoga. If you are offended...I would like to place blame on Kylie and my Mom).



1. Leg Stretched out Position

2. Squatting Position - The position you do when people are making fun of your yoga.

3. Flying Swan position...seriously? This position will be the reason they make a Will Ferrell movie about Yoga.

4. Lord of the Dance. See comment on number 3.


5. Scriptures Studying. We just though this was hilarious that they had to take a picture and put it on the poster of this.

6. Spinal Twist - Ouch!
7. Inverted Raised Tortoise Position - Double Ouch!!!

8. Wall Supported Headstand Position. Isn't this guy on the SYTYCD commercials?

9. Egyptian Position...I didn't realize that I have been doing yoga every day of my life since I could sit up! Sweet.

5 comments:

Whit said...

Did you even "climb"?! I would have been laughing so hard I would have just sat there and looked at the posters. Goodness.

Kylie said...

Yay! You put them up! These were so much more hilarious in person, but there were other elements involved which shall remain unshared.

We love to make fun of yoga and we don't feel bad. In fact, I have a prenatal yoga DVD that I sometimes do and if someone were to make fun of me I would feel fine about it. I mean, it probably looks pretty funny with me trying to be "flat as a table" in my current state...

Kylie said...

Oh! And I love your new header! I want Laney's ice cream cone. Well, I want one like it...she can keep that one. :)

THE MACDONALDS said...

I can totally do that! Seriously. OK maybe not.

The Davis Family said...

Oh yeah I am laughing my butt off! Does that count for any sort of YOGA? Ok I did Yoga once and I mean ONCE. I then realized that I never ever ever want my ARSE up in the air like that again for everyone to see! That is just sick and wrong. I am so glad the person who drew these sketches up was not in my class that day! All you would see is a big giant blob titled "The milkyway gas hug" Close your eyes you can see it I promise!