Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hair

A couple days ago I was brushing Laney's long blonde hair and thinking how soft and pretty it was. I had just trimmed it a couple of weeks ago and I decided that it would be so much fun to let it get even longer with her little ringlets.

This is the most recent picture I have of Laney's (used to be) long hair...
I know you will love this picture all of you. :)

Did you catch that I wrote "used to be" hair? Yes that is correct.
This was what I found this afternoon...only a lot more than what I am holding.

First I got red and huffy...then I almost started to cry.
It was like the time I went and got my hair cut at supercuts,
and ended up with one side a whole inch shorter than the other.
I am still sad about it.

(Plus Morgan's wedding is coming up and now I can't do Laney's hair up. Sad. )

I had to be careful not to cut it too short, there are still a lot of pieces that are only about 2 inches long all over, but they kind of look like layers.

Here. Is. The. Culprit!!!
Those dimples are trouble I am telling you!




All in all, I think it turned out okay.
Hair grows.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

FIrst, love the "Perma wedgie." Second, her hair actually looks really cute...surprisingly!

I am so glad you have this blog so we can see and that you can also show Laney one day how much of a terror she is!

But, hey at least she provides humor in your life!

Anonymous said...

LOL! You know it was only a matter of time before she experimented with scissors. She actually looks cute (after your fix).

-Spencer

M.M.M. said...

Of course it was Laney! You know what though....shorter hair makes the little darling look littler-I like Chloe's hair short because I can pretend she is still my baby.

p.S I had a dream last night that I got my hair cut off again and I was so mad because I have been trying so hard to grow it out. I woke up and was glad it was still a dream.

Kylie said...

Laney! Well, I am not surprised. She is your daughter, after all. She may as well be Edward Scissorhands.

I like her short hair. It makes her seem like a little girl again!

Like a little mischievous girl.

Like a little Leisa.

benandkiki said...

Her hair is totally cute. It could have been a lot shorter. It makes me nervous for Kate in the future.

J-me Boyce said...

That little Laney always makes me laugh! You did a good job on the short do

We are in Sac now! We should meet in Vacaville- I talked to Kristina and we are going to try to set it up.

I would LOVE to see ya!

Alicia said...

Ohhhh Laney! Gotta love her and her super cute hair!

Mama Winter said...

it looks so cute short. i love it. but sorry about her cutting it. i would have been mad too.

Brady and Rachel said...

Well my sister-in-law would tell you you are VERY lucky! My neic Ainsleigh cut her hair shorter than Camden's on July 4th. Had a full on boy cut afterwards, and there were still pieces shorter than others. It is finally growing in a little so it isn't Quite as short as before, but still short. Fortunately she can pull off the super short hair now, with a headband in to make sure people know she is a girl. You are right its only hair. I'm sure I'll get my moment to cry too in a few years. I love hearing about the bond already forming with Crew and Josh. Nothing like a father and his son. I love watching Brady with the boys! And Baylee too now.