Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Shelter Cove - REVISITED

We 'HEART' Shelter Cove!


This last weekend we went back to Shelter Cove.  My Dad, who likes to play monopoly in real life, bought a new home there for a super good deal and just finished the big fix-up.  It was like a brand new home!  Since we hadn't even seen the "new" shelter cove beach house we thought it was time to head up north for a short weekend getaway with the girlies.

Our last big hurrah before we become a family of 5!

Of course it started with Laney in her underpants.  This is her daily uniform...a tee shirt or two and her "Halabascar" panties that she chose herself from Target.  She LOVES the movie Madagascar...but calls it "Halabascar".  Here she is with Morgan in Shmorgie's car.

Laney also spent time in her underpants outside helping Nick and Josh sink their puts in a home game of put put golf.  



The 'HALABASCAR' panties.


Mr. Monopoly organizing the garage. :)  Next up - Park Place.

Laney actually sunk this put herself and I wish I would have been recording it with the video camera.  She obviously has some skills.  I think it is once again her lucky panties.


Laney ate some bubbles.

Laney made some faces.

Down by the marina in town.  We went for fish and chips but unfortunately they were closed and renovating from a fire 6 months ago.  Next time hopefully...


Have you ever wondered how many people can actually fit into a phone booth?

Later that day the guys went golfing...and fishing.  During the golf game the gals went down to the windy beach, where Kadie instigated fort building with her slave laborer Laney.

Sorry you look a little "out of it" in this picture Kadie...but it is the only one I got of you and me!


Laney's sandy toes!


The best treasure found: a teeny tiny baby starfish.  Can you see him?

See the big blur above my (Leisa's) toes?  
That would be my monstrous stomach which I think doubled in size over the weekend.  
Stop growing kid!  I am aiming for a baby under 7 lbs here...work with me!
My toes look good though, I doubt I will be able to paint them again before the big day.


Laney and Mommy :)



Kadie and Laney went crab shopping in the rocks with Morgan and found about 30 of them!  I thought the bucket was full of sand a crab...but when Kadie showed me closer, it was more like 30 tiny crabs and a spoonful of sand!  Yikes!

Morgan found a baby eel and named him Stewart.




It was really fun to have Kylie and Mike here for the weekend too with cute baby Skylar!  
Her new tricks?  She coughs when she wants your attention, and scratches everything.  I would like to add that I taught her to sit up and laugh over the weekend. (wink wink Ky).


That's all!  
Random pictures and lots of fun.  Can't wait until next time...with a new little bouncing baby boy to shoot pictures of!  :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the words of Spencer, someone has some "junk in the trunk!" Also, glad the potty training is going somewhat well and that she isn't using your phone to pee on. Oh our crazy nieces!

Leisa Waldron said...

I hope Spencer is referring to Laney's junk in the trunk and not mine. I tried really hard not to show it too much. :)

Unknown said...

Looks fun! Good luck with the baby boy! I can't wait to see pics.

Anonymous said...

LOL...no the comment was about Laney's, not you Leis! \"/

Life at the Laneys said...

Looks like a fun trip. We need to get together soon. Liz

Kylie said...

I saw you making that heart. I said, "Leisa is making a heart so she can take a picture." Mom agreed by saying, "Yep."

I like Laney's junky trunk. It's so very "Halabascar."

The Ahumadas said...

What a fun weekend, Laney's butt is super cute! Kylie's baby is darling, too!