Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Mischievous Leprechaun



Who as a child knew about this leprechaun who supposedly comes to your house and causes mischief on St. Patricks Day?  I had NEVER heard of him until this year...and apparently all of the kindergartners in San Ramon know about him.  He has been causing all sorts of trouble for the last week in Kadie's kindergarten class; knocking over desks, throwing books around and leaving creepy little leprechaun voice messages on her teachers' computer.

So another 'Santa' is introduced into our file of family traditions.  Along with the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny out list is ever-growing.

This one was actually really fun and creative and I feel sad that I didn't catch on sooner to make it more memorable.  Alicia warned me to get gold coins a month ago...and I didn't listen.

So yesterday, Kadie made a plethora of Leprechaun traps to catch Lucky the Leprechaun...which changed themselves into houses for him to play in because Kadie didn't want to "really" catch him.  After all...who wants a 5 inch little man running around your house making messes.  
I already have one of those - only she is about 3 feet tall and 40 + lbs.

Here are some pictures of what Kadie made for Lucky.  
She wrote on it "mes up the sgol" to persuade him to mess up the school she goes to instead of our house...and she thought he would have fun playing on the toy horse.  She even put a sofa in the little box trap/house for him to relax in. :)



Lucky was so impressed with Kadie's efforts that he didn't make too much of a mess.  He did spill a trail of m&m's and Laffy Taffy's from the girls room down the hall.  When Laney woke up at 5:30 and needed a drink of milk, she ate all of the m&m's on her way back to her room while holding her sippy cup.

He even left a lucky pair of glasses for Kadie's doll so that they can match.  
Way to go Lucky! 
We will see you next year!

3 comments:

Kylie said...

Lol! That's really cute! I think I'll have to adopt Lucky into our list of to-do-traditions.

Kadie is a fabulous speller. She's really a thinker, too, telling Lucky to mess up the school instead.

Laney may make a lot of messes, but she's also a human vacuum. As long as the mess is made of chocolate.

M.M.M. said...

Hilarious.
My favorite part-
"I already have one of those - only she is about 3 feet tall and 40 + lbs"
I'm glad my kid isn't smart enough to "get" the wee little leprachon (how the heck do you spell that). Too much work!
Maybe I will make broccili for dinner and then pat myself on the back.

Kylie said...

Mike really likes the "mes up the sgol" thing. Just thought I'll tell you!