Wednesday, March 4, 2009

MAJOR improvement to our small place


Living in a 1200 square foot apartment has its downfalls.  Don't get me wrong, I have had a recent change of heart of the things that I love about living small and simple.
  1. I can clean up the place for visitors in less than an hour...vacuuming and pick up and all!
  2. I don't have to worry about any yard work or indoor maintenance.  Even if the dryer is on the fritz I can call the office and it is fixed the same day!
  3. The girls know no difference and they don't mind it at all.  I am sure once they live in a house they won't know what to do with all of the space and (hopefully) yard. :)  SO...while my kids are small it is the perfect place to live and save our money - if that is really possible in CA?
Needless to say, I was getting a little irritable over a few things and just feeling like I needed a small change.  So we cleaned all of the carpets for a start...which did feel good.  But I still wanted to dream.  It is fun to imagine where I might once be able to live, or things I might once be able to afford. :)  So my wants turned me to the lovely Craigslist...and look what I found!

Brand new sectional...sold from a couple who bought a model home and the couch came with it.  They just didn't like it at all, so I got it for a whopping $350.00.
I know it sounds weird, but it made me feel like I could live here another year. :)  I finally got to get rid of our yucky couch.


I found this adorable fabric to make it a little more of our own...and it came together pretty good!
Thank you Craigslist, thank you Internet, and thanks Josh for forking out the dough. :)



11 comments:

Kylie said...

I love your new couch! The pillows are awesome and the drapes look great. I am so happy for your newly redecorated room!!!

Kylie said...

I really love the pillows. I just wanted to say that again.

Especially the suedey-blue-criss-cross one.

Natalie said...

Love the pillows they turned out great! Amazing what new couch will do for the room. You got a awesome find. Now could you just help me find things on craigslist?

M.M.M. said...

oooooo...nice!!!!

Anonymous said...

I was right...you did get a knew couch! That is really sad that I could tell in a picture. But, I LOVE it! So cute and you definetely deserve it sista!

Leisa Waldron said...

Yep Debbie! You were right! You have a good eye...and memory. :)

Alicia said...

Okay, so when do you find the time to make absolutely adorable pillows? You said you were waiting for your fabric, but that was only a few days ago. I just can't believe you already made them that quick. They are darling! Yet another talent of yours--just add it to the list!!!

benandkiki said...

Congrats on the new couch! It looks great.

The Meisners said...

Your living room is super cute and I love the pillows. I have been looking for a super cute fabrics to make some pillow for my sectional.

Mama Winter said...

I LOVE CRAIGSLIST. hehe
Good find you bargain shopper U :) xo

Whit said...

Your place looks great! All ready for the little guy... wanna come over and "nest" my house? You are welcome to it. :)