Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Three Years Old!

Today, February 3, 2009 is Laney's 3rd birthday!
We celebrated a little early last Saturday!  We had a carnival-style party for her at her favorite "Spiderweb" park.

Can you believe that our little Laney used to be this small?  Sometimes I feel like she was just born a toddler!  Don't you just want to squeeze her?!?

Laney couldn't believe this party was for her!  She just soaked it all in.  The food, the bubbles, the food, the presents, the food...

Blowing giant bubbles with Grammy!  We went through more bubble's at this party full of toddlers than I think we have used in Laney's whole 3 years!

When I asked Laney what kind of food she wanted at her party, she said "Popcorn"!  Her favorite treat. :)  So we got creative and made cupcakes that looked like Popcorn.  

After we sang Happy Birthday, and Laney blew out her candles, Kadie performed a puppet show for the kids while they ate their "popcorn"!

This was Laney's face when she realized that the presents were all for her!  All day she kept saying..."A party-a-me"?  "A-presents-a-me"?  She could hardly believe this was all for her!


Some of her presents were:
A parachute!

A tiny 
Nintendog 
that she took the liberty of pushing in the swing!

A T-ball set!
She tried it, but then Laney had more fun watching Brock hit the ball, and then chasing after it.




I think I see the face and form of a future softball star...
Perhaps even a pitcher!

And her very own
Plasma Car!


After such a fun party, who could blame her for crashing?  
We love you Laney, Happy Birthday!



11 comments:

Kylie said...

Oh boy. This is really great. I almost feel like I was there, but I have no popcorn cupcake aftertaste in my mouth. You are too creative for your own good, my sister! Now everyone will want you to make themed cupcakes for them! Good luck with that.

My favorite pictures is where Laney realizes the presents are for her. Also, I'm glad Morgan is holding her shirt to her chest. Good job, Morgie.

Happy Birthday, LANEY!!!!!

Leisa Waldron said...

That is so funny. I thought the same thing about Morgan holding her shirt. :)

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love the "popcorn" cupcake. Way cute.

So, these pictures make Laney look SOOOO much older than when I saw her a month ago. She looks like she is about 5. And Kadie looks like she is about 9. Stop growing up girls!

Unknown said...

Hah! Nick, Josh and I just logged on and said the same thing! Way to hold the shirt up Morgan!!! No need to see clear down to Virginia!

Brady and Rachel said...

Happy birthday Laney! Wow, Camden's b-day will be SO MELLOW in comparison. Crazy to believe they are three now/going to be three in 2 weeks. And soon enough we will both be back to the newborn baby stage. AHHH! Not sure I'm ready for diapers again, and blowouts and having to carry around 3-4 changes of clothes where ever I go. Hope you are feeling well. I noticed the holding up shirt picture too and knew it was one of you Laney girls, just not sure which one. Now I know. Good job Morgan.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Laney!!! She is such a doll. And P.S. I hate afternoon church too!!! It sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M.M.M. said...

Um...ditto about the shirt. Things a girl has to remember to do. I am always pulling up my pants when I bend down.
She sure was a delicious baby and now little girl.

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Laney! Way to go on the party Leisa. It turned out so good! Will you plan one for me in a couple of weeks? Please :)

Kylie said...

I'm so glad everyone noticed Morgan's shirt-holding.

Imagine if she hadn't held it...oh, the scandal!

J-me Boyce said...

Super cute party! You are such a fun and creative mommy.

I TOTALLY remember Laney looking like that - i even remember that outfit :)

Mama Winter said...

that picture of laney sleeping is priceless :) aw she is 3 years old. wow time flys. happy bday laney. xoxoxoxo