Monday, February 2, 2009

Afternoon Church


Top 5 reason afternoon church sucks:

5 - No naps.  Not that my children need them any other day of the week, but for some reason on Sunday, time catches up to Laney and she really needs one.
4 - Nursery.  Need I say more?  Well I will anyway.  10 - 12 kids crying because they are hungry...and TIRED.  I "get" to stay in their because I feel bad for the leaders having to deal with Laney crying.  Eh hem, I meant SCREAMING...like she is going to die kind of screaming.  Oh, and Laney is the biggest kid there and can easily get out on her own...so I don't really have a choice.  She follows me out anyway.
3 - No time for anything else but church.  We did get our scripture reading in before church, but I miss having the entire day as a family...it is one of the only days we get with Josh.
2 - You can't just not go.  Of course I feel like I don't get anything out of it.  I am more frustrated when I leave than uplifted.  But I can't just be inactive for a year...or can I?

And the Number One Reason Afternoon Church Sucks...drum roll please!
Because of the "no nap" taken by Laney, she spontaneously has this great idea to put my cell phone in her pretty pink potty chair and then PEE on it.  And then she tells me about it a way too cheery voice.  Like I would be proud of her or something.  15 minutes later...she is asleep.

That's right folks...don't expect me to answer your phone call unless it is an emergency for the next 2 weeks until I am up for my new phone.  Good timing right?  Although a picture would have been great, you can understand why I didn't take time to take a snapshot of this moment.

Sorry for all of the sarcasm.  I do like church.  I am just really T.O.'d about my phone. :(
Gggrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

I have to say that I did laugh while reading this! That does suck about the phone, but hey now you can get a new one right? I have the same feelings about church as you do. Don't worry you are not alone. I actually got to hang out in the nursery the second hour with Josh and Laney. At least you didn't have to teach a class the first hour with them asking (whining voices) "why do we have to learn this?" or "this is boring" I guess that is what Sunday is all about!

M.M.M. said...

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
okay that really sucks but it made my day. You have a little spitfire on your hands!
Did I tell you thank you for the jewelry? I love it! I wish I could buy all your stuff. I have realized now that I have a ton of jewelry and no clothes. oops!

sherryandbryon said...

Leisa,
This post made me laugh because I can totally relate to everything you said. We just switched to 1:00 church, too, and my almost-2-year-olds can not handle it and neither can I!!! By about 5:30 every Sunday now we are having melt-down after melt-down, due to no naps. It is seriously the worst time for church and a whole year of it seems like a LONG time right now! :) Good luck and sorry about your cell phone...

Kylie said...

Hahaha! Oh man, Laney...it's a good thing she's not a boy or she might pee on your walls, too! And in your oven and on your paintings.

Mama Winter said...

haha sorry girl :) that is a funy story though :) hehe
xo