Last week was an 80 hour work week. Josh says 70, but I count commute time too since that adds to my 80 hour work week. :( The girls hardly saw him at all, and me...other than feeling a lump next to me in the bed, Tuesday through Friday Josh might as well have been out of town. I didn't see him at all! Yes, it sucks big time.
I even had a tantrum day. An anti-California day you might call it. Goes like this...
Leisa quickly dials Josh's cell phone number, tapping her fingers on the counter while it rings.
Josh: "Hey babe."
Leisa: "Why do we live here?" (huffy).
Josh: "Huh?"
Leisa: "Why do we live in California...San Ramon...HERE"?
Josh: "Oh, can we talk about this later, I have a lot to do right..."
Leisa: "Seriously. You could transfer anywhere you want, we want! Why California? Do you realize we live in the poorest state in the country? California is so in debt!"
Leisa: "Seriously. You could transfer anywhere you want, we want! Why California? Do you realize we live in the poorest state in the country? California is so in debt!"
Josh: "I promise we will talk about it later, but I have to go now. Sorry your having a bad day."
We said our goodbyes, and of course I was still worked up for a while. I am glad Josh is patient with me when I have my fits like that day.
Last week it was cold and rainy, which made things boring, and tense being stuck inside all day.
This week is sunny, and so far...at 9:55 p.m. on Tuesday night Josh has worked 29 hours, and just called to say he would be home around 12:30. So 32 hours in two days...safe to say another 80 hour week.
4 comments:
Oh Leisa I am so sorry! You can call me anytime, or come over when you need a break! I'm serious.
yes! seriously! Sometimes I ask Spence the same thing. Why do we live in California (besides school)? We can easily afford something somewhere else. Call me if you want to vent...I had one of those days last week and I just need to vent to someone.
Gosh you would think he was a doctor! Or an accountant! Crazy! Hope this time of year passes quickly and he gets back to his normal hourly schedule. Hang in there guys. The conversation though made me laugh. I can just imagine it all. You know, Oregon is beautiful! though probably much colder.
Well, I wish I was near you to go to the park with or do something! Are you having a shower? If so I would love to come! If you already had one, oh well it's ok, it would be a great excuse for me to get up there. Well, one of the reasons we left San Ramon...so ****expensive! We are enjoying life in the valley, California does have cheap places to live, maybe not the nicest, but they work. Well, keep your head up and be thankful you have healthy children and a husband with a job, even if it is 80 hours a week..ughh I couldn't imagine, but I guess it could be worse?!....
Post a Comment