Monday, January 26, 2009

American Idol

Kadie LOVES American Idol.  To say the very least.  She begs me to let her stay up to watch it but it gets over around 10:00 p.m.  So I had to get smart and just tell her the day after it is on and let her watch the recording or we are late for school on Wonderful Wednesdays (early morning instead of afternoon kindergarten).

To sum it up, she laughs at the silly people and sings along with the ones that she likes.  She also tells me within a few seconds if she thinks they will get a golden ticket or not.  She has now started to tell me about other people who would succeed on American Idol.

In church a few weeks ago, there was a man singing.  He was good but not great, and half way through his song she leaned over to me and whispered, "mom, I sing way better than this guy".  And then just turned back and watched him finish while I tried not to crack up.

Today at church, a woman sang a song.  She had a very distinctive different voice that was actually really cool to listen to.  When Kadie leaned toward me I thought uh oh...what is she going to say.  But Kadie agreed and told me she would "totally" get a golden ticket.  She says totally really often now too.  I wonder where she gets that one from???

2 comments:

M.M.M. said...

I got my jewelry today-LOVE them! Thank you so much! I want rings in every color!

Anonymous said...

Totally Kadie! Spence and I LOVE American Idol too. Times like this, we wished we lived closer to you guys and could watch American Idol together! Love ya guys!