Monday, May 24, 2010

Tricks and Super Glue

Our kids have always been full of tricks...

Not lame ones, really cool ones.
Like bums in the air type tricks...

Or standing on one leg tricks...
This one is hard, you can tell because Laney has her tongue sticking out while she is concentrating. The kids get that from my side of the family.

The girls have even been trying to teach Crew some tricks!

Sometimes tricks go wrong though.
If you throw a blanket in the mix, and a "superhero" jump, something bad can happen...

Laney's trick ended badly a couple of weeks ago when she tried a superhero jump off of the coffee table with a blanket draped on top. Legs in the air and a big SMACK landing.

Sorry for the bloody picture, but I had to document.
I didn't know she was bleeding until after I had calmed her down and looked down to see my arm covered with blood. Her head split about 3/4 of an inch. It stopped bleeding once we cleaned it, and we super glued it shut. If you haven't learned that trick it is about time you did.

Rules to superglue stitches:
Make sure you can see the wound clearly.
The wound should be cleaned and show that it is beginning to clot and stop bleeding.
You CAN use regular super glue - but it has to be a new unopened tube.
You should NOT use it if the cut is bone deep.
If the cut is on the face and you are worried about scarring, go to the doctor.

Two weeks later Laney is all better!
She had to miss one week of swimming lessons to heal up.
It should only leave a tiny scar which her hair will cover anyway.

No more Superhero tricks. At least off of the coffee table.
Laney has been warning everyone who comes over.

2 comments:

Kylie said...

Ahh Laney's head!! Oh man. I don't feel like I needed to see it quite so close up.

Crew is picking up on those headstands! What tricky little kids you have! Tell Laney she can come do a Superhero trick off our ottoman because there is no wood nearby on which to smack her little head. :)

Carla L. said...

Ahh, the talents we all possess with Super Glue! How many wounds have I glued up in the last 10 years??? I have the feeling that between Laney and Crew you had better invest in a BUNCH of those new little tiny Super Glue singles!