A little late for this post, but our anniversary fell right smack in the middle of the week this year. We planned on celebrating the next weekend all along. I was expecting to go to dinner and a movie, but I was wrong. Josh planned a one night getaway to our favorite Carmel! It had been a couple of years since we had been there just the two of us! And I must say I have been missing his surprise trips. It was just what we needed!

Morgan and Cade watched the kidlets for us, overnight! We came home to happy kids and a clean house even! Other than Laney peeing outside and Crew dumpling cheese-its all over the floor at church I think things went smoothly. Thanks Morgan and Cade!
We left at 10:00 am Saturday and the plan was to stop at the outlets in Gilroy (my faaavorite). Josh really loves me. He knew I would love shopping, and thought we could be out of there and get to Carmel by 1:00. I think we finally left Gilroy with just a few shopping bags around 2:30 or so. :) We just grabbed In-n-Out because by then we were starving, and we both needed some diet coke!
We went to see Iron man 2 in Monterey. We always end up seeing stuff like that on our anniversary. Goes along with seeing Spiderman on our honeymoon in Canada. I know deep down Josh wishes he could be Robert Downey Jr. just to play the part of Iron Man.
But seriously, he reminds me of Josh in this movie!
Anyone else think so, anyone?
Then we went to the wharf to grab some fish and chips. It was prom night, so there were tacky white tuxedo's all over the place. Josh said I should have been taking pictures of those instead of so many pictures of boats.



This is Josh thinking about how much he loves me.
This is where we are thinking of moving next.
Then we were off to the Candle Light Inn! It is so cute all of the bed and breakfasts in Carmel. We have stayed 4 times now and we always love it. We get a suite with a jacuzzi tub and kitchenette. They bring you breakfast in a basket and leave it at your door in the morning. Although... this time they changed it to a mini-cooler.
They are probably avoiding lawsuits of spoiled milk.


The concierge was so nice to us. I am not sure if she believed us when we told her we had been married 9 years. But she gave us Champagne, I mean...sparkling cider, and truffles!
It was fun to drink it out of fancy glasses.

We slept in, ate breakfast in bed and then waltzed around town in and out of art gallery's and tiny shops. There are soooo many art gallery's there. The first time we went, we went into every single one. Josh was on a mission that time to make sure I enjoyed it. We decided since then, that a few art gallery's is fine, and that we enjoy eating at Casanova's more.
So we went to Casanova's for lunch and got our favorite Gnocchi!
I know, it was Sunday. But also Mother's Day...and Josh didn't make me cook. :)


Thanks for planning it Joshy woshy poopy scoopy. I wuvvy you bunnykins.
(I don't really talk like that, do I?)






2 comments:
Happy Anniversary! You do look too young to be married 9 years!
Aww, schmoopy! Happy Anniversary!
That place you guys always stay at is SO cute. I can't believe you didn't buy a boat.
"I want to go to there..."
Post a Comment