Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Haiti

I am just sick over the type of day Haiti is dealing with right now. They are estimating that 100,000-500,000 people could be dead and missing in the rubble of a 7.0 earthquake. The pictures are indescribable. Any movie made in relation to a huge earthquake couldn't compare. It is devastating. I can't imagine the fear and the chaos.

To know that Haiti is one of the world poorest countries just breaks my heart. I hope aid gets there quickly and people can be saved.

One particular picture of a small girl praying in a church really pulled at my heartstrings. I am so touched that children are keeping the people of Haiti in their prayers. We want to talk to our kids about it as best we can and ask them to pray with us for the people in Haiti as well.

I know people will turn to God in a time like this. I sincerely hope that they can gain some comfort and peace. My heart goes out to the families and friends of the people of Haiti.

1 comment:

Kylie said...

I was just checking the news about this as well. I can't even look at the pictures. This is so terrible; it breaks my heart.