Every night a ritual has begun. The girls take a bath, have a snack and right before story time and ultimately bed time, they hold their gecko's.
Laney's lizard Sassy (aka : Sassy googa lala mana {I know right???}), is becoming quite fond of her. :) She even kissed Laney last night on the cheek. She has a lot of spots, and is a mustard yellow color with a purple tail. She is a little smaller than Kadie's gecko.



Kadie gecko Lily is a little bit of a "wimp". She gets scared at loud noises and for some reason doesn't like giant people holding her. She squirms a lot and tries to jump away. She bit Kadie once, but Kadie is determined to get her to calm down. She is very gently with Lily. Lily is a little bit bigger than Sassy, and really colorful, especially under her heating lamp. She is orange and purple and brown with cat looking eyes! Kadie loves her.


This pet thing is working out better than I imagined. The girls are really learning to take special care of their girly gecko's. They also are making great memories together as sisters. :)
I think this will be something I look back on and smile about in 10 years.
3 comments:
you are a better mom than I. We had a stray gecko in our house and everytime I saw it I screamed. And it only ever moved along the outside perimeter of my room. Seriously it was like 2 feet. I think it was a baby. And then one day, it died. And I felt sort of bad because I probably should have fed it. Because the poor thing probably only had carpet lint to eat.
So cute! I love the first picture of Laney and Sassy Googa Lala Mana. I'm glad they have pets now and that they are playing with them so much!
oh... I had a few leopard geckos in my college years and loved them! I had one that looked exactly like Laney's that I had for over 3 years. Here is a hint. If you stick your bottom lip right under the bottom of their mouth they will give a little kiss every time!
p.s your boobs cracked me up. I can't wait for gifts like those!
Post a Comment