Monday, September 29, 2008

Officially in his 30's!

I have been warning Josh this would happen for a year. He would turn 30. I don't know why people make it sound so bad. Haven't they heard that 30-45 is the peak of most peoples lives and careers? So I have been excited about it. I still have a few years to catch up, but I think our 30's will be a great time together! We will have our family and Josh's career further along, and hopefully buy a HOUSE in our 30's. Who wouldn't say YES to that?
In Honor of my uber-successful and handsome husband (so what if I am a little biased?), I tried to put together a party to celebrate this momentous occasion. Since he loves climbing and doesn't often get a chance with his busy work schedule, we went climbing with friends and family, and it was so much fun!
My sister Morgan (Spiderwoman) and her Boyfriend Kade (Spiderman) spearheaded the entire party, teaching people to climb and gearing everyone up so they were nice and "safe".

There were competitive moments, especially after I tried a route harder than Josh. Of course he tried to beat me, then another tried, then another. Finally the only person who could make it was my sister Morgan - hence the name Spiderwoman.


Thank you everyone for coming and celebrating with us. We had a great time, and I think Josh feels a little better about being in his 30's! :)


3 comments:

Kylie said...

Fun! Little Miss Pregnant, climbing the wall. Way to go! At this point that would be quite literally an impossible feat for me to perform.

Happy B-day, Big Josh!! Woohoo!!!

J-me Boyce said...

Happy Birthday Josh! Goll... you and (my) Josh are so freaking old!
I can say that for a few more months :)

The Ahumadas said...

we were so bummed to miss Josh's party. Looks like you had fun