Monday, April 21, 2008

Lurpy lbs diet diaries


Is there something wrong with this picture? This is not what I want to look like in 10 years, when I am done having children and my head looks 10 times too small for my body. Anyone interested in a diet? This is my first diet ever...and it is inspired by sugar. Sugar is so so sweet, but does TERRIBLE things to my mind and body and I am sick of it. So my friend Mandi dedicated a blog page to the diet, and reigned a bunch of us in to join her in our war against sugar! I already screwed up by eating oatmeal this morning thinking I was doing good (We are sticking to the South Beach diet or a version of it). So wish me luck, my goal is to get rid of the sugar cravings which happen so often when Josh is gone late, or I have had a day from you know where. If anyone is interested, go ahead and take a peak at the blog! I am sure there will be lots of good ideas and funny stories to help us all along the way.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leisa...you are so funny! I don't think you need to go on a diet! You are so skinny and tiny. If anything, I think I should go on a diet since I have gained 5 freakin pounds. I have NEVER weighed this much before!

AnnieB said...

I'm so glad you have new posts! So fun!
Mandi reigned me into this diet too and I'm trying! I had eggs for breakfast and then worked out but then I had a dried mango (oops!) I only took one! That's better, right!
We can commiserate together!

Mandi said...

Annie- you are totally busted!! NO MANGOS!!especially dried ones. I'm watching you out here from cyberspace! Lisa-great post...i love to see you getting into the action. Don't forget to post your daily food journal on lurpylbs. Seriously girls, I'm a nazi about this!! You'll thank me later. I'm like the girl from biggest loser that everybody hates at the beginning but then becomes thier hero. I'll have my day in the sun soon...

Kylie said...

Man, this is one serious diet group. It's like a book club, only no treats allowed!

I'm not sure where you plan to lose weight from, but more power to ya sister! I seem to be packing on the pounds these days. I've now reached a point on the scale where I have never been. I'm only 3lbs behind Mike (on a good day) and inching closer all the time.

You let me know how this diet works and maybe I'll give 'er a go in, say, 6 months.

Mom of Four said...

Leisa, such fun posts! Dave and I have been doing that diet and it is so hard. If you are seriously doing it, then you know that phase 1 is the hardest. I even cooked a few recipes from the book. A lot of them are pretty good but stay away from the tuna salad. :) And if you are looking for a good whole grain bread, there is a very yummy one at Panera Bread (my new favorite place to eat) in Pleasanton.

Leisa Waldron said...

I am having a better day. I was scrounging for food yesterday, but sent Josh to the store on his way home. He came back with snap peas, almonds, lettuce, chicken, broccoli, and tons of other stuff. So today I had an omelet for breakfast, chicken lettuce taco's for lunch and my prejected dinner is teriyaki chicken wraps. Lots of chicken, I know. I feel healthier already! But not skinner yet, and I really really need a diet coke.

Kyle said...

I think you are very brave...I could never do it... just look at my picture...I live for chocolate :) Sorry... that wasn't very helpful was it? But seriously, I have tried to cut back on the sugary foods that I have around the house and my kids are healthy and cavity free!

April said...

I thought the pic looked a little odd! You are so funny, and brave to do the no sugar thing, I think I would go crazy without it! I love sugar!!! And I am not giving it up!! as Simon Cowell would say..."Sorry"..