This conference was so strange not to see President Hinckley on the stand, to hear him proclaim his love of the gospel, and hear his funny jokes. But it was amazing how comfortable President Monson looked as prophet. I was excited to be able to sustain him and the other leaders. It was really great to be able to explain this new man as prophet to the girls. My favorite talk was from M. Russel Ballard. I think it was the second to last talk of the whole conference weekend. I felt like he was talking straight to me. Everything I have ever struggled with, especially lately as a mother, he addressed. I really felt appreciated and lifted up as a mother from hearing his words. I felt like what I do all day DOES make a difference and it is the right choice for our family.
The funniest thing was when he said that he wanted to talk to the children. Josh and I said to Kadie "Listen, he is talking to the children. That means you". And we tried to act really excited about it. Then he proceeded to say things like "pick up your toys, when you are a little older, make your bed" and a few other things having to do with helping your mother. I was cracking up with a pillow in front of my face because of the look on Kadie's face like "What is he telling me to do?" Then Josh said to Kadie "Did you hear that? You can start to make your bed!" and Kadie said "No, he said when I am OLDER dad". It was a cute thing to say...and I will give her credit because she is good at helping out already. Laney is the one we need to teach to clean up after herself!
4 comments:
hannah was reading this post with me and she started cracking up. i asked her what was so funny and she had just read the part when Kadie said, "No, Dad, when i'm OLDER." I thought that was cute that hannah got it--i'm never sure whether she is comprehending what she is reading, but apparently she is, and she has a sense of humor! I love Kadie's comeback!
We're off to start fhe!
Kadie is a witty one! That's funny how she caught that part of what he said...I'd say she was searching for loopholes! Just like her parents!
I thought that talk was great. I'm not a mom yet, but I thought what he said was very insightful and respectful of young moms.
I totally agree, I felt that he was speaking directly to me too. What a great talk. Tayson however was down for a nap so he didn't hear the part about picking up toys and making the bed. I'm impressed Kadie paid attention and caught the (when your older part). Smart kid.
Elder Ballards talk was by far my favorite as well! I knew from the first two sentences that I needed to stop telling Colby to be quiet, turn up the sound and pay close attention. I am one who always appreciates validation and empathy and especially coming from an ordained apostle, seer and revelator. Amen!
Post a Comment