Friday, April 18, 2008

Country at Heart


Many of you may not know...but I am a country girl at heart. I didn't grow up in the country, or ever really plan to move to the country, but I really love everything about it. The wide open fields, the big sky... horses. I think it just reminds me of visiting my grandma and grandpa Packs' house when I was a little girl. We would dress up in "pioneer" looking dresses, and cowboy hats and make all sorts of things in the trees of their yard. Having said that, country music just makes me happy. Not the sad twangy songs...but the fun up-beat songs by artists like TAYLOR SWIFT and RASCALL FLATTS. Josh and I went to the last concert on their tour together last Friday night. It was a blast! The third concert of Rascall Flatts we have been to and definitely the best!
Above: Taylor Swift was so much fun to see in concert. FULL of energy and flipping her hair all over the stage like a Rock Star. She had the most sparkly guitar I have ever seen, hence the "bright" image that is supposed to be her in this picture.
Above: Rascall Flatts. I think I love them because they have some Rock n Roll style to their music. The stage set up was sweet, and even though we were farther away from the stage as we wanted to be, they came and performed on this rotating platform not too far in front of us.
Below: Cowboy Josh, boots and all. Hey, are you laughing? Stop that! (wink)



6 comments:

Kylie said...

Holy crap! You must have spent your whole Thursday writing blog posts! Here I am waiting for something new to come onto the ol' blog and BOOM! I get 5 new somethings!

You people get around. Baseball games, SuperFrank's, concerts, swimming...

This week I cleaned my house. No...that was just today. This week I did nothing of consequence. Oh, to be Leisa!

April said...

They came here to fresno and we wished we would have gone! But..we are going to carrie unerwood and josh turner next month, so I will let you know how it is! So much fun!

Laura & Paul said...

Paul & I are country people at heart too. Someday we hope to actually live in the country ( near a larger city of course). I wish I would have gotten tickets to their concert!

AnnieB said...

Josh makes a sexy cowboy! (Wait! Can I say that or is that kind of weird!?) I secretly love Country too! Shh!

AnnieB said...

I can't believe I called your husband sexy! So innapropriate!
;)
(p.s. I need to get a pair of cowboy boots for John!)

Let's for sure to family hikes to Mt. Diablo--I'm all over that!

Rach said...

Ok, so I am a TOTAL country girl in my music and PROUD of it! (annie - what's with the Shh?) I had to look up this post after reading all the comments about "sexy cowboy boots." Anyways I totally wanted to go to this concert, I've been to Rascal Flats - but not Taylor (one of my new VERY FAVORITES). Looks like it was fun.

P.S. Brad has cowboy boots too. We'll have to go out "country" together sometime.