
This year, there were so many things going on! An Easter party at our church, Easter egg hunt at grammy's, Easter bunny leaving stuff all over our house! Kadie and Laney thoroughly enjoyed it. Laney especially loved all of the Candy, Kadie just wanted to be the one to find it all..so that worked out really good.
Easter morning started out with the girls finding some treasures from the Easter Bunny. Who knew that the Easter Bunny shopped at Coscto? Their Easter basket came equiped with lots of candy, and a GIRL shark and a GIRL killer whale according to Kadie. Laney got the shark and Kadie named her GIRL killer whale "Scott", but when daddy told her it was a weird name for a girl, she named her "Unicorn". Much better.
Kadie and some of her treasured eggs that she found at grammy's house.
Laney found the left over eggs that Kadie didn't want to wast time on. Poor Laney, we were hoping she would find most of the candy. She needs a little plumping up.
I guess that this meant that the girls were done taking pictures.
I had to put this picture in the blog. If you know Kadie well, you know that she loves to play with boys, and always has loved boys more than girls (as friends...she loves Laney too). This is Cole, Kadie's "good friend" from church. She won't admit it, but she has a major crush on the little guy. Kadie has excellent taste in boys right now, I hope it lasts until she is in her teens!
After all of the candy bliss, it was good to reflect on the true meaning behind Easter. Josh and I were able to attend the temple Friday night, and it was so good to be reminded of all of the amazing blessings we can receive all thanks to our Savior. I can't even comprehend the entirety of the Atonement, but I am so grateful. It is still a lot to grasp as children, but Josh and I make an effort hoping that it will instill something in our girls. Having Kadie and Laney has also taught me so much as a mother. Of course sacrifices are made, and everyone hears about those experiences...but I never knew how much joy two tiny girls could bring to my life.

12 comments:
Oh my gosh!!!! Could they get any cuter!!!???? I seriously have the cutest nieces in the world! And, I LOVE their dresses!!
I love those dresses so cute! They are such darling girls.
ooh la la! Kadie's little BF is gonna be a hottie. Tell her to hang on to that one, baby.
So cute. Mamacita told me all about how Laney would find an egg, crack it open, sit down and eat the candy, then eventually go find one more egg, crack it open and eat the candy. And how Kadie ended up with almost all of the eggs because she is a super sleuth of sorts.
Next year maybe I'll let my kid race yours in the egg hunt. I don't think he/she will get any eggs, though.
Debbie! I totally thought of you and one other friend that loves pink and brown when I bought these dresses. You got style girl!
Kylie, your poor child will stand no chance at getting any eggs. Perhaps we could string some from the ceiling for your baby to "swat" and "pat" at so that he/she doesn't feel left out! I can't believe 1) you will be close to here next yera!!! and 2) you will have a baby, holy cow!!!
We totally have cute taste :) I wish we could have gotten a picture of all of them together matching. Funny post!
Kadie is too cute with that boy! Your girls are so cute!
The picture of Laney and Kadie with their easter baskets is classic, love Laney's hair. She is too funny
These pics are great! You don't need me to take pics when you have these! But I will anyway, just to get laney all to myself!!! AAAHHHHAAA (evil laugh?)
We were so glad to hear from you guys! I hope you don´t mind, but after we got your message, we found your blog as well. It is so cute, and the girls are so big! They really are the cutest! Sounds like easter was a blast. It makes us really excited to have kids soon hopefully :)
I just posted a comment and realized you probably don´t know who was writing to you. It was from Kim and Aaron Utterback.
Those dresses are to dye (ha ha) for. I love the one of Laney dipping her egg/candy into the pool. Classic 2's. Your blog is so fun to read!
they are so dang cute! i love that Kadie named her shark Scott (she really does like boys!) don't you love the names they come up with!?
Post a Comment