Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Shelter Cove Part II

We usually only get one full day in Shelter Cove. But since Josh finally had some PTO saved up since starting at GROCO, we decided to take an extra day.

We could still hear the waves all night while we slept.



The last time we came, the famous fish and chips joint by the lighthouse had burnt down and was under construction. We finally got to eat lunch there with the kids.
Laney and Kadie both tried and LOVED the food. :)

I have said it before and I will say it again. My favorite thing about Shelter Cove is that it is away from everything. You can't even get any cell reception. You are forced away from the TV and computer to just explore and spend time together.






This picture of me and Crew is to prove I was actually in Shelter Cove. :)



Here is a picture of the BlueRidge house in progress.


TREASURE HUNT!!!
Morgan and Cade put together a real treasure hunt.
The girls followed a map and clues to find Barnacle Beard's treasure matey!
We even got them to say "Argghhh...whars mee booty"!

Laney's favorite item from the treasure...

We took the long drive home and got some more pictures of the waves up close.
I was probably 200 feet away from the cliff and I was getting sprayed with mist
while I took pictures.




The End!
I hope we get back there again soon!

3 comments:

Kylie said...

WOW! Mom told me the waves were huge, but I didn't know they were threatening to eat the houses! Amazing. I LOVE that sunset picture at the end, Leis.

Your kids are so cute. These pictures are great.

Julianne said...

Leisa,

I love all your pictures. I want to buy an SLR camera. Can you give me any advice on learning to use one?...website or maybe a book. I would love any tips you have!

Whit said...

Those waves looked huge!