Trunk or Treat at the church: Laney wouldn't put on her costume, and I was tired and feeling fat so I sent Josh and Kadie. Kadie came home with a ton of candy for the "Pumpkin Fairy". This is a fairy that she overheard a friend of mine talking about. The fairy comes and takes her favorite treats and leaves you with something else like a coloring book. I had no idea Kadie was listening. We thought it was so cute that she embraced this idea, and would only eat a few pieces of her candy, that Josh and I put in a good word with the "Pumpkin Fairy" to bring her the new Tinkerbell movie.
Trick or Treating on Halloween: We planned on going to Blackhawk, a ritzy area that hands out huge candy bars, full family sized bags of m&m's, and sometimes even money! But I was so anxious to see my sister's tiny baby that it sort of changed plans. Again...Laney would NOT put on her costume. She figured she was getting all of the candy she needed I guess because we all just gave it to her when she asked in her cute little Chinese voice. So Josh, Grandpa, Uncle Nick and Uncle Josh and Kadie went around Orinda. Josh said that Kadie ran from house to house as fast as she could! When it came to the questionable homes with fog machines and spooky music, she waited for her Uncles who were Mr. Pepsi and a character from Super Mario, (made the costumes themselves!).

Even being unplanned and unprepared, we just went with the flow and everyone was happy! Especially me because I got to meet and hold and kiss and hold and squeeze and hold my new niece Skylar. :)
1 comment:
Skylar is very cute, tell Kylie congrats for me. That picture of Laney holding her is so precious!
Post a Comment