Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of School...

Yes that is right. I have a daughter in KINDERGARTEN. Today was the day I was dreading...because Kindergarten has been so stressful. It has actually been two years of stressing, because I decided to keep Kadie in preschool one more year although she technically could have gone last year.

I was glad that I expected the worst, Kadie crying, Kadie scared, Kadie shy, worst of all ME CRYING. But to my surprise the day went so good. I held it together, and I was so proud of her! She jumped right in and did everything her teacher told her to try without hesitation. I know she will do great, and I am so glad I waited because she was so ready and excited about it.

She actually got into a Kindergarten/1st grade split class. I am really excited about it. 10 Kindergarteners, 10 First graders...and both get time away from the other age group with the teacher. Which means more one on one time for Kadie and her Teacher. Her Preschool was a smaller group like that and I think this will be great for her!

After her teacher read a story to the class, she put her hand up in the air. What was her question? "Do we get to go to recess now?" All of the parents laughed, and Kadie with her enormous grin, smiled at everyone because she knew she was funny...but not exactly WHY she was funny. Ah Kadie, I will miss her everyday.




8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow... this must mean you are getting old if your girl is in kindergarten. I love your scrapbook pages as always.

Natalie said...

I can't believe that Kadie is in kindergarden!!! And look at you, you already have her scrapbook page made! Very cute. It looks like you had fun in Southern Cali. I totally forgot you were there until after I called you. Yeah I have a very short memory!

AnnieB said...

So Cute !
I love your pages! Go Kadie! She is so dang cute!

Kylie said...

Little Bean. She's a school child now! A student!

I'm glad she hasn't lost perspective. Every child ought to keep recess as a top priority. Physical health is everything, right?

Kimberli Longson said...

OK - how crazy cute can any blog be?! You're putting all the other blogs to shame! I need to take lessons from you. Lets schedule some time. (grin)
You're the cutest!!!!!!!

M.M.M. said...

In response to the naked bum blog-that makes me laugh every day. Chloe's naked bum cracks me up too for some reason. They are not icky bums like grown up bums are.

Laura & Paul said...

I'm glad she had a great first day. Isabelle is loving school! It is so sad/exciting when they leave home.

J-me Boyce said...

How crazy is that! Congrats Kadie....
So... now you need to come back down to see us :)