Thursday, May 22, 2008

My new favorite thing


Piggy Tails! Laney's hair is officially a piggy tail worthy length. I am afraid that this is the only way I will do her hair now because I love it so much. The ends just curl up in these little ringlets that bounce all over when she runs...which is always. It makes me sad she is getting so big, but excited for the fun the future holds. And just look at those dimples, they have "I am trouble" written all over.

More signs Laney is getting older:

She is now tied with her sister at a 35 lb weight. And she is learning new words and phrases every day.

Update of the Laney Language:

"peace agane": Can we please do whatever we just did...again?

"peace sucka": Can I please have a sucker?

"jumpene wada": (She says this REALLY LOUD) I jumped in the water (pool)

"tase-a-mama"(all one word): Thanks mama

"Hi-a-mama"(or Kadie, or Daddy or anyone): Hi

"DONE-A-TUTZ!" (Said firmly with a scowl on her face): Don't touch!

"Lee-me-dye-bee-wa-dee-sy-bee": verse from "I am a Child of God"

"Ah Tadie do?": Where did Kadie go?

"I saw yee mama" (or Kadie or Daddy): "I'm sorry". This is my all time favorite phrase because it is always accompanied with a kiss or hug, and she even says it if it wasn't her fault you got hurt. I just think it is so cute that she notices when others get hurt, and then tries to make them feel better. Almost as much a favorite as when she learned how to hug, but thought that you had to hit someone first.

Another thing I love is that Laney says everything really fast and ends every sentence in a really high note, which to me is a form of her truly optimistic attitude.

7 comments:

Mandi said...

she just continues to entertain me. I love the child of god verse! i have to see that one in person...this weekend will be so fun with old friends!

Anonymous said...

Lol! Our good ol' chunky girl! Love it!

Kristin said...

Laney is so stinkin cute!! LOVE the dimples and the curls! Both of your girls are adorable. I love reading your blog!

Kristin said...

Laney is so stinkin cute!! LOVE the dimples and the curls. Both of your girls are adorable. I love reading your blog!

The Ahumadas said...

What a cutie!

AnnieB said...

Love Piggy tails! I remember gathering fluff on Hannah's head to try to make them into piggies and she said, "Monkey, Ooo Ooo Ahh Ahh!" and did a little dance. She loved them!
You're girls are so cute!

Whit said...

She is seriously the cutest thing. I love her tummy and "tails". The best!