I just wanted to write a funny little note about the things that I never thought I would do or experience as a Mother, and yet I did:
1. Use the t-shirt that my daughter is wearing to wipe her nose when their is no tissue available.
2. Use food or candy as leverage of staying away from a tantrum in the store.
3. Get excited when Kadie wants to watch a show like Full House instead of Yo Gabba Gabba.
4. Sing along to kids songs in the car...realizing my kids aren't even in the car with me.
5. Let my kids eat in the car.
6. Let my daughter sleep with a ratty old blanket/bunny just because she loves them.
7. Be as excited for Christmas morning like I was as a young child, just to see the look on the girls faces - and then give the credit to Santa Claus. :)
8. Cry about a silly commercial or picture (wink wink Kylie!)
9. Lick my palm and smooth my babies hair when it was sticking up.
10. Blame a "toot" on the baby.
Thanks to my Mother! I love you, and now I have a taste of what you did for me to teach me and help me have a happy childhood. I really appreciate all your sacrifices for me and the rest of the gang, and your love and support that still shines through today! Thank you! I Love you!
And thank you Melodie! Josh and I look up to you so much and want to follow in your example as a parent. We love you!
5 comments:
Those make me laush because I've doen same of the same things I swore I'd never do.
Weisa!
How old are your twin brothers now? They have been perpetual 8 year olds in my mind! No seriously, how old are they. I think you should do a post about your extended family-I am way out of the loop! Hey I'm going to Southern CA this weekend..want to meet us there???? We will be there the 18th till the 22nd. We might go to Disneyland, and we need someone to stand aside with Chloe so we can go on all the rides, I was thinking you could do it. JK!
You disgust me! Just kidding. I'm sure I'll be doing all those things in a couple of years. I already do some of them (you know, like use candy as leverage to keep Mike from throwing a tantrum at the store).
And I can't wait to blame toots on my kid!
SO TRUE! Been there and done that, one at least 9 out of 10 of those things. Crazy motherhood.
I thought that was so cute. I showed Grandma how to get on to read everyone's blogs and she got a kick out of your little list too! I wish we were coming up there this weekend. But we are trying to plan sometime, cause we think it would be so much fun to see you guys!
Post a Comment