Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sweet Spirited

Tonight was such a cute night with the girlies.  Out of nowhere Laney wanted to watch "The Testaments".

She found it all on her own in our DVD cabinet and brought it to me.  She said we should watch a Jesus movie.  I didn't hesitate because honestly I hadn't prepared anything for Family night.

We watched the whole thing, and both girls were so "into" the video.  Crew was even screaming "NO, oh NO!" at the bad guys.  Laney looked like she was about to cry afterward, and when I asked if she was okay, she just asked me, "why did they have to nail His hands mama?"  It was so sweet.  She was genuinely upset, and compassionate, and it was an amazing opportunity for me to bear my testimony to them, and have a heart felt conversation about the Savior.  Kadie said a sweet prayer blessing us to be together forever.

We had such a special moment together.  I love that my little girls are sensitive and "sweet spirited".  I have decided that it is a very good thing to have a sweet spirit.

1 comment:

Carla L. said...

that is so sweet! I just love those darling kids!