The most monumental change was Josh's new job last year. I have been remembering the days when the kids would go an entire week without seeing Josh at all even though he was actually here at night. He has been home more this last year than any other time in our marriage, and with 3 kids at home we knew it was really a critical time. The kids have enjoyed it so much and I feel like Josh has developed a priceless relationship with each one of them. Along with that came the fun and silly memories we have all made together as well.
Josh and I are in our 10th year of marriage, yes 10th! I feel like just yesterday we were dating and getting to know each other and we have just jumped forward to this time in our lives with 3 kids and everything goes by too fast. I never could have imagined all of the things we have been through together. 'They' are right when they say life is like a roller coaster.
It really is crazy that Kadie is getting baptized this Saturday! She is probably the most creative and sensitive 8 year old I know. Kadie is one of those kids who notices the lonely caterpillar in the yard. She cries in movies when two friends are mean to each other, she writes notes to any one that she may have hurt their feelings, and she can make just about anything out of a box, scissors and some tape. She is also a bit of an entrepreneur and is always thinking of ways to make money so that she can buy more toys. She is just a true kid...I don't know if she will ever get sick of "playing". She is my mini-me.
I also have been reminiscing of the old days of Laney, when she would dump out cartons of orange juice or whatever on the floor, and we had to bungee cord the fridge shut so that she wouldn't get into anything. The floor constantly had things spilled and spread around, and I had no idea it would take 2 full years of climbing the potty training mountain with her. She would RUN everywhere and I even had to chase her a few times with an 8 month baby belly on me. Suddenly she seems so grown up and I sort of miss her little messes. She draws letters and pictures on anything she can (and some things she shouldn't), and loves to pretend to be a "mystery girl" a.k.a. - spy. She makes me yell and laugh everyday, and I know her fiery personality will turn her into a leader. Laney is my little buddy.
Luckily, I have Crew now to fill in that spot of mess-maker, and although he seemed to become a trouble maker over night, I know that it will soon seem like this stage is never going to end. Then suddenly it will be over and I will miss it. He is already so goofy at almost 17 months. He climbs on everything and says "hi" to people he doesn't know. He dances to ring tones. He has one of the cheesiest smiles any kid could own. He loves food almost as much as Laney, and is drawn to electronics, cars and balls like a true boy. I was definitely missing out on the boy thing before he came along. I adore him. I love his little snuggles and that he is a bit of a mama's boy.
Life certainly got full for Josh and I fast, and I wouldn't change a thing about it. I am so thankful for the most simple things we have together and I wanted to write it down for those days I have that I feel like a loser. God has given us so much and I truly love all of it. The biggest thing I find myself wishing for is more time. :)
1 comment:
oh my gosh! How did I never notice that the fridge isn't bungied anymore?? I completely forgot about that!
Post a Comment