On her actual day Laney was enjoying every minute of her birthday. We had been telling her that her birthday was after Christmas since Halloween. Naturally she was asking every day after Christmas "Is today my birthday?". I knew she was getting worried when she started saying, "We forgot my birthday!" once January hit.
But her day finally came!
All she wanted this year were "girl toys like Kadie". She got ponies, strawberry shortcake dolls, a barbie, and stickers...all girly as can be. She opened them up first thing.

Later while Kadie was at school just Laney and I made cupcakes.
Does anyone watch Medium? I know Kylie does. Is this not a Bridget face and action Kyk?

She wanted chocolate cupcakes with strawberry frosting.
We even used her cupcake papers and icing decorator she got for Christmas!
I might have had more fun doing that than her.

We didn't do a HUGE party for her this year. Just cupcakes at the park with bubbles and some friends. She had a blast, and after a few weeks of straight rain, it was so nice that her birthday showed some sunshine.

She made her usual Volcano in the sandpit, and a sand angel of course.
I didn't get a picture of that one :(
but I had plenty of sand in my car and the bathtub later to prove it.

Later we played a game she got. GUESS WHAT I AM. Sort of like guess who, except you hold a picture over your face and ask questions to the other players. Laney was so nice to tell us what we were right when we put our "face" on.
Here is Laney as a baby and Kadie as a kangaroo!
Happy Birthday Laney, Lanes, Laney bug, Lanerz,!



2 comments:
Haha! Yes, that is a TOTAL Bridget face! I told you all along, didn't I?
Happy Birthday, Laney babe!! We love you!
How funny! I just posted pics of my kids in playing that Guess Who I am game!
Post a Comment