This was a commissioned piece by my friend Shannon for a cook top mural in a house she is remodeling for her parents in Blackhawk. She wanted the same look as the one I did for my parent's home 6 years ago.
This is the first painting I have done since Crew was born and it felt so good to get everything out. I felt inspired and fulfilled for a moment when it was finished. Then I started getting more ideas and now my brain is full again!
I started on tumbled Travertine tiles.

First I added the background.

Vintage Olive jars were another request, and they turned out so great with all of the holes and tumbling in the tiles. Here is the start.
When I paint, I often paint objects in clusters and in odd numbered groupings. You will notice the number three a lot in my work Three vintage olive jars just found their way onto the art!After contemplating, I decided to do away with the grass in the corner, it looked like hair.
I painted over it, and added a few trees.




3 comments:
seriously Leisa.
You are so fantastic.
Leisa! That is Amazing!!! What awesome talent you have, that would look grest in my house!! haha
So cool!!!
Are you back in the charm necklace making saddle again too? : )
Post a Comment