Saturday, February 2, 2013

Happy Birthday Laney!

I can hardly believe it has been 7 years since this little girl came into our lives.  


I think that I have more "stories" about Laney than any of my other kids, and with good reason.  She has kept us movin' and shakin' since day one.  I didn't know true frustration or joy until I met this little spunk of a girl.  With her in my life, I have learned to enjoy every minute.  She is one of the sweetest most thoughtful little girls I have ever known.  I can tell she will be a good mother because of the way she is with her little brothers.  She thought Crew was her baby when he was born, and now she claims Leo. :)  She can't stand to let little Leo cry.  I love how Crew is her sidekick and she refers to him as "sweetie" or "honey" more than "Crew".

Laney is enthusiastic about learning and will keep trying and trying to learn something if she thinks it to be important.  That being said, she is also cautious...and takes her time.  She still rides a bike with training wheels because "I have my whole life to learn to ride my bike, mom".  She also has had the same loose tooth for 6 months because she thinks it will fall out on its own.

Laney is hilarious without even trying.  Yesterday she told me she didn't want to turn 8 after this birthday.  8 meant next she will get baptized and she doesn't want to drown.  I have so many funny stories about Laney and I love each one, and tell them to people often. :)

Happy Birthday Laney.  We love you so much and are so happy to be your parents.  Thank you for all the joy you bring us!

1 comment:

The Newton Family said...

Happy Birthday Laney! Hope she has a great day, she is so darn cute!!