Thursday, September 1, 2011

School! And some other stuff...

School has started here in San Ramon.  I am now the proud mother of a big {tiny} 3rd grader and a kindergartner!  It is weird.

Kadie got an awesome teacher.  We are so excited.  She gives the kids hugs every morning.  She started out as a social worker, a profession that pulls at my heart strings a bit.  She discovered that she loved teaching through that.  Her name is Mrs. Smart...how much better can that get?  Kadie is loving school and has already completed a class presentation and learned 4 cursive letters.  She loves 3rd grade.  She is also doing so great at piano.  She has already started composing her own little songs.  I think she truly has a talent, and she loves it.  We found her "thing".  Yay!

Laney has another awesome teacher for Kindergarten.  She didn't get Kadie's old Kindergarten teacher, and we were sad about that because we loved Mrs. Young.  Laney's teacher is Mrs. Mochizuki...she is Australian born, and has lived all over the world.  She seems very structured {good for Laney}, organized and fun.  Laney is having over-sensory issues with the ginormous class size.  24 kids...could become 26 through the year.  So sad.  When Kadie was in Kindergarten she was so lucky to be in a looped class of 10 Kindergartners and 10 first graders.  It was so cool to have so much time with the teacher.  Her teacher truly knew her.  I am hoping among the chaos of a larger class that Laney will be fine.  But one full week of her having anxiety attacks is getting me worried.  Every night she cries and says "There are just so many kids!"  In the morning she does the same.  It took me 30 minutes to get her to go into class on Tuesday.  We made a star chart, and for every day that she goes into class and is brave {and doesn't come back out of class looking for me and Crew} she gets a star.  5 stars gets her an ice cream cone at the ice cream store, or a prize from the dollar section at Target.  I love bribery...hopefully it works...and really it is actually just an incentive because she gets the reward after she goes to class.  I feel good about the star chart. :)

Crew is having WAY too much fun bossing me around with no one else here.  He started this new conversation thing where he starts out with "So...mom..." and waits for me to say "What Crew"...then he talks in French or something that sounds like French...although I can usually make out "Buzz, Woody, Cars, Daddy, Kadie, Laney..."  He is a cutie.  He is constantly asking for kisses, hugs, and saying "I Yuv You _____!"  He says everything like it has an exclamation point at the end.  He is so enthusiastic.

Josh is back to a busy schedule...I mean wait...He is just the same.  Busy.  But we came up with a plan where Sunday nights we choose one night that looks a little less busy in his schedule for him to come home and have dinner with me and the kids.  It worked this week!  Hoping we can keep it up.  It is so nice for the kids to see their Dad during the week.  He got awesome reviews this last year, I am so proud of him.  Senior Manager here we come!

I am busy with projects of course.  Just finished wedding invitations for my cousin.  I also painted and redid Crew's room and Laney's.  On to Kadie's room {painting}, the primary program, Waldron Family Cookbook, and Children's swap!  Bring it on September!

Leisa :)


1 comment:

Amy said...

When Abby was in kindergarten they had 27 kids! I seriously thought about just taking her out and homeschooling. They had parents come in every day to help. But she loved it and made it through and learned a lot. I know how hard it is, I hope she gets used to it, makes friends and runs into class soon.