Thursday, August 4, 2011

Kadie the third grader

Kadie just turned 9 years old last Sunday.  I can't believe it has been  almost a decade since she was born!

She hardly asked for anything this year, but did mention a few things she might like.  We decided it would be a great idea to get her a camera.  Turns out it was a FANTASTIC idea.  She had learned how to take pictures, and turn them into a slide show with music and everything in the first 30 minutes.

My favorite things about Kadie the 9 year old:

She loves to read and alternates between 4-5 books at the same time.

She LOVES to sing and play the piano.  She has been taking piano for about 7 months now and it is totally her "thing".  I can tell music will be a big part of her life.

Kadie wants to babysit already.  I left her in charge while I took dinner over to our neighbor who was moving and she planned crafts and a movie for the 15 minutes I was gone.

She has started drawing from memory and/or life.  Her imagination is amazing.

She wants to be a mother, a teacher, a photography, a painter, a "craft-er", and anything else that requires her to use her creativity.  The apple really doesn't fall far from the tree.

I am so blessed to have her in my life.  She is always watching out for me, and I know we will be great friends when she grows up. :)

Love you Kadie!  Happy Birthday!

No comments: