Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Gratefully Stressed

Josh has been clocking 90+ hour weeks out of the home - make that 100+ if you count commute time, and bringing work home on top of that.  He also has been out of town a ton this year.  Poor guy is just going to fall over into a sleeping coma any day now.  

A shop I sell my jewelry at in Reno was burglarized, and all of my jewelry stolen, but I should get an insurance check for 70% of what was taken. 

I am hosting a "children's swap" at the end of the month, and haven't even gone through my items.

I have a list of growing favors I have agreed to do for people, and I have no time to work on it.  

My garage is now full of Craigslist finds.  As a defense mechanism, when Josh is gone I find more projects for myself, or I eat.  This year I have been doing both.

After all of these stresses...I realize how grateful I am for them being so small.  I almost feel guilty for even admitting being stressed with all that is going on in Japan.  I feel like the Second Coming is around the corner. I just wanted to document for my own sake all of the things I am grateful for in these scary and dangerous times.

My generally healthy children
My husbands job that provides us great health insurance and stability
The talents that I use to get me through busy times
Amazing friends who are always watching out for me

Extra icing on the cake for me right now...
People willing to "swap" their kids clothing with mine
The free section on craigslist

If you hate reading mushy stuff then skip this next little part...

When I am having one of those terrible horrible no good days, I am going to remember how my stresses are truly a blessing for me and for my family.  What would I do without such a hardworking husband who is so willing to do anything for me, and still goes to the store for me at midnight.  What would I do without the ability to create anything!  I use my talents everyday.  What would I do without such lovable and cute kids following me around begging me to play with them.  I am so flattered they want to spend every minute with me.  And of course, for everything I thank my Heavenly Father.



3 comments:

J-me Boyce said...

I totally am with you! I have been a huge stress case trying to get this big list of things done and I was glued to dateline the other night and felt foolish for caring so much about insignificant stuff....
I hear ya sista!

A Forever Family said...

Thank you Leisa for your sharing so beautifully your thoughts, and feelings and your testimony for us to read. I am glad that our paths have crossed. I just wanted to say Hello, and tell you that I have been thinking of you and Josh and your family. Much Love to You. =)Tanya

Amy said...

You amaze me with all that you do, I can't imagine getting that much done! And getting it done so beautifully. I feel you, too. I have a wonderful big house and more stuff that we can ever need and lately I have just been trying to be thankful. Thankful we are so blessed to have so many things to pick up and wash. Don't be afraid to turn people down, or let them know it might be a awhile. wish I was closer to help you out. I know what it's like with a hubby who's not around much. *big hugs*