Sunday, July 11, 2010

Shelter Cove 4th of July!

Ah...I am beginning to have a real love for this little place.
Makes me smile when I hear words like "beach", "lighthouse", "fog" or even "crab".

This trip was FULL of family, great food, fun times...and as always a few haircuts. Cade and Mike jumped in and tried their hand at cutting each others hair. I think it really bonded them.

See what I mean? Look at the smile on Mike's face. He really loves Cade.

On the day of the 4th of July we headed downtown for the festivities! Believe it or not, about 15 minutes before I took this picture of the lighthouse the road was FILLED with golf carts and decorated bicycles.

I think the parade was 3 times as big this year as compared to two years ago!

The girls decorated their bikes with the help of Grammy, Nick and Josh. Christmas tinsel and artificial flowers adorned every part of their "rides".
They were so pretty that everyone wanted to take a turn!



This was the bulk of the parade. Residents who own golf carts driving the loop by the ocean and past the lighthouse. It was just crazy!

Laney even hitched a ride with some people we didn't even know! Morgan and Cade saw where they lived so we figured we were okay to let her sit with them. Only in Shelter Cove...


Kadie found a lady bug!

Our favorite statue got his turn to take pictures with us.




Poor Mr. Mole who is probably one-eyed now due to a certain sisters husband. (cade).

After the parade it was off to the beach while Chef Morgan prepared us an always delicious meal!

Crew ate a little bit of sand, but nothing like last time...
he is learning!

The girls collected sea shells and crabs!
Probably about 100 of both, and I am NOT exaggerating.


Skylar loved the beach.

I had to put this picture in because it was like Crew closed his eyes on purpose,
and he looks so cute.


Don't forget to look at the bottom right picture in this collage. One of Josh's best ever.

Handsome Uncle Josh!
Blue Steel baby.


Nick and Jose threw rocks into the ocean...BIG rocks. They didn't quite make it into the water.


Are all three of these cute kids mine?

Here is Kadie with her 100 + crabs!

This was just a few...

Hermit crabs and sand crabs.
They were so tiny that we thought they were spiders!


Cheers to another great weekend at Shelter Cove. Can't wait to get back!

2 comments:

M.M.M. said...

I love Laney's bathing suit. Do you think it comes in XXXXXXXXXL?

Kylie said...

I love the hair cutting. Mike and Cade know each other so well these days. I mean, think of all the time they spent caressing each other's hair...

Such a fun weekend! I wish we didn't live so far from SC so we could go more often.