The original plan was to have the whole Waldron clan come and visit here like every Memorial Day weekend, but plans changes with Grandma Morgan passing away. It worked out so amazing for all of us to go to Utah instead, and it was so great to see the entire family. All but one cousin were able to come, and who knows when we will all be together like that again? It was a bittersweet weekend filled with family and fun times, but also missing the company of Grandma. We met at her apartment across from Temple Square many times, and it was definitely different with out her there.
Here are Crew and "Baby Morgan" who isn't such a baby anymore!

Crew loved Kassidy, isn't she a cutie?
Kadie thought it was so cool that she has glasses just like her.

There was a viewing held the night before. I wished I could have snapped a picture of Grandma's tap dancing group that all showed up in costume out of respect. It was the most awesome thing.
Funny Laney Story
At grandma's apartment one night we were there, Laney ventured into the hall. Grandma's building was right across from the Temple, and so there were many retired and elderly men and women that lived there out of convenience. From the other room I hear...
Laney - "Are you Dead"?
Elderly woman - "No dear...not yet".
Laney - "But, you're not dead"?
Elderly woman - "I don't believe so dear".
Laney then RAN through the door...
"Kadie Kadie! Grandma with the white hair isn't dead! She is here, she is out there"!
She was pointing out the door, and indeed the elderly woman did have white hair.
We all thought that Grandma would have thought it was funny. :)
The next day was the funeral. Kadie spent the first hour we were there making a book to bury with grandma. This is the only picture I got of her making the book. It was filled with drawings of her and grandma and each page had a special message of "I will see you again" or "I will miss you". It made you tear up just to read it.
All of the children spoke, and they told funny stories and we heard a lot of Grandma's earlier years too! It really was a celebration of a life well lived. Josh and his cousin Travis gave the life sketch and they did such a wonderful job.
Daughters, Sons, grandchildren, cousins, and spouses and all!

After the funeral, most of the family traveled up to Bear Lake where Grandma's body was to be buried next to her true love Wayne. We didn't dare take our kids in the car again for many hours, so we went to temple square and visited with my Grandma Laney!


Laney is holding (below) a tiny glad box that she chose from Grandma's house. Each of the kids was able to choose something they really wanted as a keepsake, or as our girls would call their "treasures". She still carries it everywhere with her.
It was fun to visit with her and hear her adorable giggle.
Grandma Laney has the most amazing memory of anyone I know. She always knows the scoop on everyone and remembers everyone birthdays! I think she has somewhere between 35-40 great grandchildren now!











No comments:
Post a Comment